Sunday, August 7, 2011

E & M

I have a new sister in law as of yesterday. I'm psyched.  Erika and I never would have met if it weren't for the Roeder-clan and I love it.  Matt couldn't have chosen a more fun, funny, beautiful, smart, personable (oh the list goes on) gal to join the big bunch.

The wedding day seemed to go off without a hitch and so many had so much fun.
There were many sentimental moments, memories made, pictures taken, dance moves moved and food for all (even me!).  I can't believe how fast it went. 

I will share more in posts with pictures to come. But I couldn't wait to rush home and watch one of my favorite moments of the whole day on video.  I remember when Andy's older sister Julie got married (Andy and I were just engaged) and at the rehearsal the siblings all got up and practiced a song they were going to sing during the ceremony. I remember sitting in the back of the church in tears.  They sounded awesome, it was spiritual and special AND they were having so much fun together.  For some reason, it wasn't something that got planned for Andy and my ceremony. I didn't know that the Roeder's were so good together as a group. They did sing (Old McDonald had a farm in harmony) at our reception and it was a hit.  Regardless, I couldn't wait for this moment during M&E ceremony.  I am so proud of Andy because I know he was serious and let his awesome voice shine.  Nici, Chris (hiding), Monica, Andy, Greg, Kj and Julie sang for Matt and Erika after communion.  I loved seeing Matt and Erika turned around, glowing and watching/listening.  At certain points I could see Mrs. Roeder mouth the words along while beaming with pride. Mr. Roeder put his arm around her and I could only imagine what joy 7 of his kiddos were bringing.

I have to share.  It's only a minute. I love it.  I could listen to these guys all day long.


4 comments:

Barb said...

Goosebumps.

Fleet Feet Brookfield said...

What a unique family to be a part of!

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

it really was amazing! a great thing to see...family just being family together and just so special!
pw

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. What a great tradition. JG