Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sir Hugh: 2 months

Dear Hugh,



Happy 2 months buddy!  I decided to write a letter to you instead of you addressing the world because lets face it-I know you just as well as you know yourself.

Let me tell you about you.  You are cooing.  You are smiling. You have even giggled.

You had your 2 month visit with the doctor.
He said you are perfect.  You smiled and pooped for him.  Good job.

You are 12.5 lbs  (55%ile)
You are 24 inches (95 %ile)
Your head is at the 80%ile.

The doctor called you lean because you are long but average weight.  You are the size Eli was at 5 months, so this seems awesomely huge to me.  I love every single one of your rolls...keep 'em coming.


You took your shots just like a soldier.  But later that night you had your first real fussy time and it lasted about 3 hours.  Other than that clump of time, you have been an exceptionally mellow fellow.

You are predictable and easy to please.  I have you figured out...for now. 


You are full of expressions.  I love them all. Most would see you like this:

Everyone says you are so serious.  And I would say that 80% of the time you live up to this.  But, oh boy you have lots of other joyous expressions.  I am working on capturing them all. 






 You usually keep your hands in very tight fists.  You are ready to take anyone out.
Every day I spread your fingers and there are little blue lint balls between your fingers and in the soft creases of your hands.  It makes me giggle and shake my head.

You sleep in your crib in your room and have since about 2-3 weeks old.  You are just too loud.  You breathe loud. You burp, gurggle, burbble, furbble.  Any noise-you do it.  Usually you are most loud as you fall asleep but it continues all night long.  You are sleeping 3-6 hour chunks-more often than not 3 hours at a time.  You are taking great naps during the day.  You wake up screaming but calm very fast.

One word to describe you is sweet.  You are just the sweetest boy.  I can't say a mean thing about you!  I love every little inch and every little movement.  I adore you in so many ways.  Each day I take at least 10 minutes to eat you up.  I literally sneak away during a feeding time, diaper change or whenever and give you kisses and cuddles.  I need this and you seem to enjoy it.  This won't ever end until you push me away and I'll still come at you with my mommy arms ready to snuggle.

I love to nurse you.  You are fast and furious.  You love to shake your head to get in the right position and it's a total work out for you. You come up for air but you are breathing as if you just ran a mile.  Makes me smile.  You usually have your eyes wide open and hardly ever look up at me, even if I talk to you or someone else.   

Your Godfather is Uncle KJ and your Godmother will be Aunt Emma.  These 2 will teach you tons and will guide you on your way.

Your hair is not growing, but you haven't lost it either.  Your eyes are dark blue.  You have big feet.  You love your swing. You are swaddled at night and you haven't said but your bath is satisfactory to you.  

For you I would sing "I won't let you go" by James Morrison.  Not sure if it's a love song-but it is what I would sing to you to remind you that I will always be there and you will never be alone. EVER. Have you heard it?  Hughie Lou-go listen to it.


When I'm with you, I can't blink. I can't miss a single minute.  I want you to grow, learn and accomplish-but not too fast.  Please not too fast.  I need you in the crook of my arm for days and days and days.  My hand will be here to hold, to high five, to guide, to push you forward and to grasp when needed. 


Don't let me turn around and see you as a teenager.  Take your time. Be a little brother. A son. Be a baby.  I love you to the moon and back.  My heart swells for you.

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's filling out so nice! :) You just sound so happy to have these two. So glad it's all going swimmingly!
T

Barb said...

He is such a precious little guy! My nicknames for him are Sir Hugh and Hugh Master. Hey Hugh, thanks for falling asleep in my arms last weekend.

Nora said...

He is so adorable!! My gosh! How can you stand it? ;)

Anonymous said...

This post made me happy-- for you. For your family. Way to go, RR! AK